The Pier at Punta Mita is a private facility of Club Punta Mita. It is located just to the north of the Porto Fortuna community, between the 2nd hole of Bahia golf course and the Sufi restaurant at Porto Fortuna. This recent addition to the recreational amenities of Punta Mita provides Club Punta Mita Members with easy access to the Bay and surrounding waters.
If you choose to charter a boat or yacht, you can be picked up by a tender from the pier (the water isn’t deep enough for larger yachts). This makes day trips, fishing charters, dive trips and surf/paddleboard trips much, much easier.
The Punta Mita Outdoor Activities Center (by Punta Mita Expeditions) has boats available and staff stationed at the pier to assist with docking and provide transportation for your favorite activities. Just give them a call to make arrangements: 329.291.6649 or email email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
The pier is available for use daily, from 9am to 6pm, subject to weather conditions.
*The use of the pier outside of the regular hours of operation is not allowed, unless authorized by the operator.
Use of the pier
For best service, it is recommended to make reservations at the Central Office:
- 24/7 phone 329.291.6617/6732 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon arrival to the pier by boat, please contact the operator at vhf channel 13, who will at all times:
- Request personal identification to provide access to the property.
- Guide the maneuvers to approach the pier or will provide embarking / disembarking service
- When arriving to the pier from inside the Punta Mita community, support will be provided at the Porta Fortuna access with electric car transportation service to the pier. Designated parking space is available.
- For those bringing their own boat to approach the pier, the boat will only be able to remain in the facility to drop off or pick up passengers – there are no mooring or docking services available.
- Personal boats approaching the pier must have bumper guards in place at all times and every passenger must wear life jackets.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the pier. Users must obey all safety measures established by the operator of the pier.
- The arrival of people in an inebriated state is not permitted.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pier usage is only available for inflatable boats under 20 feet.
Click here to view our Pier Rates.
*Rates are just informative and could be subject to change.
Other permitted activities
- Recreational fishing
- Paddle surf